OFFICE OF THE TAX COLLECTOR
Norman Eckstein - Tax Collector
Pone: (973) 402-4003
Maureen Como - Deputy Tax Collector
Phone: (973) 402-4007
- Real Estate taxes are due on February 1st, May 1st, August 1st and November 1st.
- There is a ten (10) day Grace Period.
- Interest is 8% per annum up to $1,500 and 18% per annum for anything owed above $1500 calculated from the time taxes become delinquent.
- The 2015 Sales Ratio for Boonton Township is 92.85%.
- The 2015 tax rate for Boonton Township is $2.192 per $100 of assessed property value. New Jersey law requires that property taxes be charged to real property at a dollars and cents rate per hundred dollars of assessed value.
- To calculate the 2015 taxes owed by a property assessed at $300,000:
$300,000 / $100 = $3,000
$3,000 * $2.192 = $6,576
Total taxes owed for 2015 would be $6,576.