Construction Department Members
- Pat Calabrese - Construction Official
- Anthony Merlino - Building Sub Code Official & Inspector
- Harold Endean - Electrical Sub Code Official & Inspector
- Scott Para - Fire Official
- Pat Calabrese - Fire Sub Code Official & Inspector
- Alan Spinozzi - Plumbing Sub Code Official & Inspector
To Contact the Construction Department...
please call (973) 402-4002 or send an email to
Inspections are as follows:
- Building - Wednesday and Friday, inspections from 11:00AM to 2:30PM and office hours from 2:30PM and 4:00PM
- Electrical - Monday and Wednesday, inspections from 1:00PM to 3:00PM and office hours from 3:00PM to 4:00PM
- Plumbing - Tuesday and Thursday, inspections from 7:30AM to 10:00AM
- Fire - Monday and Wednesday, inspections from 4:00PM to 5:00PM and office hours Monday and Wednesday from 3:15PM to 4:00PM and Thursday from 7:00AM to 8:00AM
If You Are Not Sure Whether a Permit is Needed...
then to make sure please contact someone in the Construction Department.
Selling/Renting Your Home?
Please contact the Boonton Township Construction Office in order to schedule a smoke detector/carbon monoxide alarm and fire extinguisher inspection prior to the closing of your home. Residents need to come in to schedule smoke detector inspections for they cannot be scheduled over the phone.
A Certificate of Occupancy is not required when selling your home, but a smoke detector/carbon monoxide alarm inspection is required.
In order to receive a valid certification for smoke detector/carbon monoxide alarm/fire extinguisher the following items must be completed by the Township Inspector:
- smoke detector on each level of the dwelling, including basements, exluding attic or crawl space,
- smoke detector and carbon monoxide alarm outside each separate sleeping area and within 10 feet of bedrooms,
- all smoke detectors are in working order,
- all carbon monoxide alarm(s) in working order,
- one portable fire extinguisher must be installed within 10 feet of kitchen; not more that 5' above the floor.
Click here to download an Inspection Application.