Barbara Shepard - Township Administrator
Phone: (973) 402-4012
The general administration of the Township is managed by Township Administrator, Barbara Shepard. The Township does not have a Public Works Department, contracting for this service with a private contractor. Mrs. Shepard oversees all Public Works activities. Mrs. Shepard oversees all municipal departments, coordinates the day to day operations of the community and carries out the policies as set by the elected Township Committee. Acting as the principal liaison between the Township Committee, township departments and the general public, the Township Administrator supervises a wide range of operational activities. The Administrator’s duties include:
- Execution and enforcement of Township ordinances, resolutions and other Committee policies.
- Management of Township personnel.
- Oversight of the Township’s purchasing program.
- Supervision of Township major capital improvement projects.
- Preparation of the Township’s annual budget and management of expenditures under the budget plan.
- Coordination of the Township’s open space acquisition program.
- Solicitation of grant funding for various programs and projects.
- Oversight of various State Mandated programs (such as Stormwater Management, Recycling, Affordable Housing, etc.).
- General coordination of all citizen service requests.
- Oversight of the Township’s COAH Units at Brae Loch. Applications for BraeLoch are available by clicking here or sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to address above.
Mrs. Shepard is available by email (
) or phone (973) 402-4012. Residents may also come by the municipal offices to meet with Mrs. Shepard.