Rutgers Cooperative Extension
Rutgers Cooperative Extension (RCE) help the diverse population of New Jersey adapt to a rapidly changing society through an educational process that uses science based knowledge. Through science based educational programs, RCE truly enhances the quality of life for residents of New Jersey and brings the wealth of knowledge of the state university to local communities.
The Water Resources Program
The Water Resources Program can provide your community with technical support with the following sustainable initiatives:
- Rain Gardens,
- Rain Garden Certification, Training for Professional Landscapers and Train the Trainer Programs,
- Rain Barrels,
- Water Conservation in the Classroom,
- Retrofitting Public Buildings for Water Conservation,
- Turf Management for a Healthier Lawn,
- Stormwater Management in Your Backyard and in Your Schoolyard.
For more information and technical assistance, contact:
Christopher C. Obropta, Ph.D., P.E.
Extension Specialist, Cooperative Extension
Water Resources Program
Phone:(732) 932-9800, ext. 6209